Sunday, June 3, 2007

sketches on the way to maui


just a couple of sketches done on my flight to maui. i didn't have a sketchbook with me, so I just drew in my girlfriends sudoku book.
there was a very old asian lady agressively playing serious card games with her family who sat across the isle. they threw down/shuffled up these cards the entire 5 hour flight. i think the juxtaposition of the coincidental sudoku numbers and the card player makes this a more interesting picture.
next. the two sisters, who sat across from me and my girlfriend, were squabbling the first leg of the flight. immediately after their father scolded them, one knocked out and the other instantly began reading a book. it was pretty hilarious how suddenly they reacted.

3 comments:

aermio said...

cool sketches. sudoku is pretty addictive, at least rosinel was into it for a while. we're gonna go sketching once a week, most likely thursdays or fridays after work. hit me up if you can make it.

Chris Ocampo said...

yeah, sudoku is pretty fun. i can't roll out this week. but next week most definitely. i'll hit you up.

Romulo said...

Great artwork! This sketch of the plane passengers is so nice, and your description is very interesting.